As part of Pheim’s rigorous investment process, the Investment Committee consisting of Fund Managers, Investment Analysts as well as the CEO and Chief Strategist, would meet on a weekly basis to discuss any buy/sell recommendations for the portfolio. Each Fund Manager or Investment Analyst would attend 3-4 company visits/briefings each week and present their findings to the Investment Committee where the decision to buy/sell or hold will be determined collectively by each member of the Investment Committee.
Our stock recommendations are based on extensive in-house research done by the individual Fund Manager/Investment Analyst where stock ideas are raised at every Investment Committee Meeting (“ICM”) before a collective decision or consensus is made. The ground work is very much done by the Fund Managers/Investment Analysts and the onus is on them to present their case before the Investment Committee before stock ideas are approved. We adopt a team-based approach, guided by our Investment Philosophy and Investment Criteria that has stood the test of time.
Dr. Tan Chong Koay (Founder/Chief Strategist & Executive Chairman)
• More than 45 years of investment experience
• Founder of Pheim Malaysia and Pheim Singapore in 1994 and 1995 respectively
• Oversees all investments and AUM growth strategy
• Asset allocation
Mr. Lee Chung Cheng, CEO & Head of Investment (Pheim Malaysia)
• 20 years of experience in the capital market and financial institutions.
• Vast experience in advising and leading teams of investment analysts and fund managers.
• MSc. Finance (2001) & B.BA Economics (2000)
• Country Coverage: ASEAN / Asia Ex-Japan
Mr. Leong Hai Liang, CFA, Fund Manager/Investment Analyst (Pheim Malaysia)
• More than 13 years of industry experience
• B.Sc (Hons) Finance
• Sector Coverage: construction, property, banking, commodities, plantation, automobile, and healthcare.
• Country Coverage: Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand
En. Ahmad Subri Abdullah, CEO (Pheim Islamic)
• More than 40 years of experience in the insurance, reinsurance and financial services industry in England, Singapore and Malaysia.
• Formulate and execute corporate strategies and business plans
• Chartered Insurer, Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute, UK and Fellow of the Malaysian Insurance Institute
En. Khirwan Mus Bin Wahap, Fund Manager (Pheim Islamic)
• More than 20 years of industry experience
• B.Sc (Hons) Travel Industry Management
• Compile analysts purchase & sale decisions and execute them in a timely manner.
• Provide stock analysis and recommendation to fund manager
Ms. Law Yin-Lyn, Fund Manager/Investment Analyst (Pheim Islamic)
• More than 6 years of industry experience
• B.BA Commerce
• Country Coverage: Vietnam, Singapore
• Sector Coverage: Consumer Products, Technology, and Industrial Products